Boat & Personal Watercraft Insurance
What’s included in a Boat Watercraft Insurance policy?
Covering your Boat Watercraft is important. And knowing what can be covered is the first step to protecting what you and your family love when it comes to free time. Let us help you understand some basics.
- Collision Insurance
- Liability Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Towing and Assistance Costs
How does it differ from home or auto insurance?
In some ways, boat insurance is a mash-up of home and auto insurance.
Like home insurance, a boat policy covers you for liability if someone is injured on your craft and gives you the choice between replacement cost or cash value in a total loss.
Like auto insurance, boat coverage typically includes coverage for bodily injury that your boat inflicts on others, property damage your boat inflicts on docks and other boats, and physical damage to your boat should you hit something or run aground. You can also purchase comprehensive coverage against theft, vandalism, fire and flood, personal property coverage for your fishing gear, uninsured boater insurance and even roadside assistance in the event you need a tow.
What factors influence the price of Boat and Watercraft Insurance?
- Age of Boat
- Condition (Does it meet US Coast Guard Standards in effect at the time it was built?)
- Primary residence (If the boat is used as a primary residence)
- Type (Inboard, Outboard, utility, cruiser, bassboat, saltwater fishing boat, performance boat)
- Homemade (Boats without a serial number are tricky but many kits are okay)
- Houseboats with no motor
- Ownership (more than 2 owners)
- Where it will operate (Ocean, lakes, bays, rivers, Great Lakes)
Make sure you know the facts and for more information click here
Want to make your summers easy and stress free? That’s the point of owning a boat or watercraft…right? Then make sure your fun stays fun. Get your boat covered today.